Product Manager, Mobile
2 days ago
Job Title:Product Manager, Mobile
Job Title: Product Manager, Mobile
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Welcome to Activision Mobile. We’re a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we’re looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We’re incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
As a Product Manager on the Activision Mobile Publishing team, you will be an integral member of our team focused on the development of a new mobile title. You will help define the systems that enable the live ops team to design and manage all in-game events, promotions and offers. You will help design and ultimately manage meta-game social systems that improve growth and retention. You will not only work with other team members of the Mobile team, but you will work with internal stakeholders and our developers as well. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, wearing multiple hats, running live ops, and having the drive to constantly iterate and solve problems.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Define the strategy (the what and the why) for our live operated monetization and engagement systems
- Set goals for these systems, measure performance against these goals, and create action plans to optimize over time
- Oversee the planning of the calendar of events, promotions, and offers that support that strategy and those goals
- Help identify areas of opportunity and design new social and live ops oriented features
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and Analysts to do deep dive analyses and experiments to optimize and improve how we manage live ops
- Collaborate and set priorities with a development team and vendors
- 3+ years of product management in the gaming industry with experience in mobile Live Ops
- A strong passion for games and gaming, especially mobile!
- Deep understanding of free-to-play games systems and economies
- A keen eye for live ops design – understanding what does and does not work
- Experience designing social systems that drive retention and engagement
- Ability to balance a data-driven mindset with creative problem solving, while maintaining a player first mentality
- Proven track record as a strong team player, with strong verbal and communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally across multiple disciplines
- Self-starter and motivated to work within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Call of Duty (Mobile and console) familiarity a plus
COVID-19 Hiring Update: While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry’s best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We’re looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We’re highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got you covered!
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.