Product Management Analyst
Founded in 2016, Gearbox Publishing was established with the goal of helping developers around the world bring their products to market while retaining their unique creative visions. The mission began with the critically-acclaimed Homeworld Remastered Collection for PC, and has since been followed by many partnerships that include tiny Build’s Hello Neighbor, System Era Softworks’ Astroneer, Compulsion Games’ We Happy Few, Hopoo’s Risk of Rain 2 and Counterplay Games’ PlayStation 5 launch title, Godfall. Gearbox Publishing remains committed to its mission to entertain the world and become the most developer-friendly publisher in the industry.
This role is responsible for applying a product-focused mind to the tasks of business forecasting, operations scenario analysis, and KPI reporting, with the purpose of helping the Publishing and co-collaboration teams better understand the impact of different product decisions.
A hunger for knowledge, a devotion to drive business growth, and a deep understanding of one or more live services games is key for this role, as you will be an integral part of the Product Management group’s efforts to have strong positive impacts on every part of the game publishing process.
- Work with Publishing & Product leadership to create and maintain business forecast models for numerous live products
- Perform business scenario analysis to help the team understand various potential outcomes for the products
- Assist the group’s ongoing KPI and Business Intelligence reporting efforts
- Help analyze various products from audience identification and acquisition through veteran retention
- Build business cases and provide analytical insight for new initiatives on existing products and at large for new products
- Identify, understand, and champion targets for key segments by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Shape the direction of products by properly identifying current market trends and applying relevant data-informed insights
- Propose structured and controlled changes to increase key metrics (such as user engagement, conversion, or progression), and then eloquently communicate the resulting measured impact
- Maintain a deep understanding of how game systems relate to marketability, retention, monetization, and churn
- Craft processes and standards for internal business reporting efforts
- 5+ years’ experience working with live games, including time in a Business Intelligence, Data Analyst, Product Manager, or comparable role.
- Experience working with mobile games, GaaS games, and/or F2P models
- Proven ability to understand product impact based on changes to BI, Marketing, and Production information
- Experience using evidence-based decision-making to help guide products and teams
- Ability to communicate how specific game features or product changes will impact the player’s enjoyment of a product
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- MBA or other Post-Graduate degree in a field applicable to game publishing
- Familiarity and passion for Gearbox franchises such as Homeworld, Brothers in Arms, and Borderlands
- Prior experience with cross-platform titles
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.