Product Legal Counsel
7 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Join a dynamic legal team working on a variety of legal issues across the entire company. You will be an important legal advisor to Twitch's teams on all phases of the product development life cycle. You'll tackle topics such as consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property, privacy, e-commerce, and advertising that arise out of the operation and growth of a global User Generated Content service. You'll use business sense to assist product, engineering, business development, marketing, and other teams to develop thoughtful strategies towards product development while assessing and mitigating legal risk. You will report to our Assistant General Counsel.
- Advise on the application of laws and regulations, compliance issues, and industry standards, focused on consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property, and privacy.
- Review products, features, and projects to provide advice consistent with Twitch's legal obligations globally.
- Support product and marketing growth while balancing user and policy considerations.
- Manage strategies for potential disputes, litigation, enforcement, and regulatory matters.
- Work with and provide advice to partners, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Tax, Customer Support, Policy, and Trust & Safety.
- Work with legal team members to improve processes, provide training, and ensure needs are met.
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
- California Bar admission in good standing (or California Registered In-House Counsel)
- 5+ of years of relevant legal experience working on technology-related issues, with 1+ year of in-house experience ideally
- An interest to learn new areas of law or technology to identify legal issues and propose creative solutions for meeting goals while minimizing legal risk
- Experience advising clients in the video, mobile, gaming, e-commerce, online marketplaces, user generated content, or internet services sectors
- Substantial experience with US and international laws regarding content policies, privacy/data protection, intellectual property, marketing, or consumer protection
- High level of comfort with technology and internet services
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.