Product Director - Technology Group
Montreal QC ca
1 day ago
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, Product Directors!
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
On being a Product Director at Ubisoft
Ubisoft's (TG) Technology Group's mission is to invest in partnerships and interactions with productions to improve the productivity and efficiency of video game development processes. This results in the development of technological solutions of a wide range (web tools, libraries, backend services, desktop apps, etc.) but also by sharing various expertise such as automated testing, continuous delivery, user experience, telemetry, audio, animation, physics, etc.
As Product Director, you are responsible for all products in your field. You are in charge of influencing the technological choices of the projects in the best interests of the Ubisoft group and to work in collaboration with the management team of the TG to ensure the success of the products of your field as well as the mobilization of the teams.
The daily life of a Product Director at Ubisoft
- Determine client needs (production, direction) and help set out potential solutions with engineering;
- In collaboration with the directors and managers, CPI, technical leads and architects, develop the long-term functional vision for the product portfolio to which he/she is assigned;
- Set development priorities to ensure client satisfaction;
- Supervise and assess employees;
- Oversee work team activities, especially by following up on requests and department mandates;
- Define the product positioning strategy and present it to executives;
- Ensure the development of the product positioning strategy (tutorials, documents, training);
- Be the point of contact for all sector clients;
- Ensure the competitiveness of products by carrying out strategic positioning studies (product use, etc.);
- Determine acceptable quality standards for product delivery;
- Get involved in the working units that use the sectoral products by playing an active role in all related activities;
- With engineering, determine the compromises that are required to deliver a product that meets client needs on time and on budget;
- Oversee partnership relations with external internal stakeholders whenever necessary;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in software development, as a product manager or other relevant experience
- Ability to offer a product/service that meets production needs
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate and build accountability
- Ability to collaborate with individuals at all hierarchical levels and in different teams and with direct collaborators
- Ability to manage and anticipate change
- Excellent knowledge of SCRUM/AGILE
- Bilingualism (French-English) an asset
- Knowledge of the video game industry an asset
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.