29 days ago
Please note that we don't offer relocation support and Visa sponsorship for this role.
It’s an exciting time to join Tactile. We're a diverse team of storytellers, puzzle enthusiasts and casual mobile game creators. Our story began in 2008 in the heart of beautiful Copenhagen, and since then we have experienced continuous growth, establishing ourselves as one of the largest gaming companies in Denmark. In more recent years, we have been scaling fast, in big part thanks to the success of a little game called Lily’s Garden. Now we’re on a mission to solidify our position as one of the leaders in creating out-of-the-ordinary casual puzzle games.
With more than 300 talented individuals, we are a mix of over 55 nationalities and 42% women. We truly appreciate the richness of different experiences and perspectives that Tactilers bring to the game. This is why we foster a lean culture, in which each individual is encouraged to take responsibility, be open and grow in their own way. We pride ourselves in cultivating a studio environment that stays away from crunch, that fosters your skills no matter your discipline, and one that nurtures your creativity alongside other passionate and invested storytellers.
Your role & impact:
We're currently growing our Core team and are on the lookout for another Product Designer to join our team of talented engineers. In collaboration, they support LiveOps, Marketing, Data operations – the real backbone of our studio. More specifically, they develop internal tools and platforms crucial for managing our game and marketing endeavors.
Currently, Joy is our product designer within the Core team, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to keep building a strong design foundation. And that’s where you come in! Aligned on a joint design vision, your role will be pivotal in designing business-critical tools that are essential for all functions within Tactile.
This role is based in our beautiful Copenhagen office, as we truly believe that when talented people work closely together, magic happens!
Okay, let’s get a little bit more specific. Here’s what you’ll be doing on the day-to-day as a Product Designer:
- You’ll be designing responsive UIs for our internal tools – driving and facilitating the process, starting with insights and UX research, over UI design, to the final UI implementation.
- Together with Joy (your talented product design colleague), you’ll be closely collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders (like producers, game teams, basically all the people using our internal tools) to align on product vision and support them in streamlining their workflows,
- You’ll be continuously improving our internal design systems and documentation,
- You’ll keep up-to-date on standard methodologies, trends, user data and insights.
What we’re looking for:
- You're familiar with working on either SaaS products or website administration (going beyond basic WordPress or landing page design),
- You have experience working with Figma and have an understanding of component libraries, design systems, and auto layouts,
- You believe that candid feedback and close team collaboration are essential for producing great work,
- You’re able to keep a flexible mind in times of change,
- You're eager to never stop learning and keeping yourself up-to-date with the latest industry trends and innovations.
You'll make us extra excited if:
- You’re familiar with MUI,
- You’ve created responsive designs before,
- You have basic frontend programming skills (maybe you attended a class at university or upskilled yourself doing tutorials at home).
We want to also stress that even if you don’t fulfill any of these nice-to-haves, please don’t feel discouraged to apply. We know that talent takes many forms 💜
What’s in it for you?
🌆 Beautiful and central office space (right next to Rådhuspladsen) with probably the best view in Copenhagen (no, we’re not biased 🤠)
🩺 Pension and private health insurance
💻 A chance to work with the latest tools and technology
📚 Opportunities for individual growth with development talks as well as workshops, books and courses
🌮 Daily, healthy organic breakfast and lunch prepared by our professional chefs in-house
🥳 Social activities, including game nights, book club, Friday bar and more
🔍 Free Danish lessons with our in-house Danish teacher Anja
Our interview process
Submit your application via the fill-in form at the top of this page. This is the easiest and fastest way to get in touch with our recruiters. We foster an inclusive culture and accessible workplace and want to make sure we provide everyone with the same opportunities for success. This is why we encourage you to apply regardless of your gender, sexuality, age, nationality, neurodiversity or disability. We review applications based on competencies and experience, so please do tell us about your favorite projects and technologies.
After we review your application, you can expect to go through the following conversations:
☕ Introductory coffee chat with Vera, your recruiter, primarily to ensure that we’re aligned on the scope of the role and that all of your questions are answered.
🧪 A 4-hour home test to see your skills in action.
🤝 Technical interview with Joy, your future product design colleague, and Gab, Core Team Lead, to discuss your test results.
💜 The final conversation will be with your future team, to discuss if you’re aligned on values and ways of working.
We are pretty thorough with our hiring process. It is important to us that we choose new Tactilers carefully - just as it is vital to ensure that we are the right place for you.
We want to ensure you have a great candidate experience whilst in our recruitment process. We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please let us know.
We look forward to receiving your application! 👋
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
👋 Would you like to know more about Joy
who you will be working closest with?