7 days ago
The goal at XR Games is to be the best developer of VR titles in the world.
We are a multi award-winning game development studio that specialises in immersive VR games. The studio has a history of full-scale development from concept through to submission, working with prestigious partners such as Sony Pictures VR, Meta, and Rovio Entertainment.
Since 2020 our team has grown from 20 full-time members to almost 100 by the close of 2022, due to the success and critical acclaim of our previous projects such as Zombieland: Headshot Fever and The Angry Birds Movie 2 VR: Under Pressure.
Throughout 2023 & 2024 our team will be working on multiple major projects with recognisable IPs and licences as we continue to grow and invest in our future.
We’re looking for an experienced producer who can join the team to work on some of the most exciting VR projects in development.
- Provide overall project direction and ensure that the project’s goals, objectives and milestones are consistently achieved and never compromised.
- Maintain and be responsible for the project schedule, including task breakdowns and assignments.
- Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Manage the project budget - identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
- Head up and take ownership of internal and external project reporting, both to stakeholders and to the team itself.
- Drive daily scrums, organise retrospectives and planning sessions, and encourage the team’s continuous Scrum adoption. Be seen and keen to remove the team’s blocks.
- Ensure excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines
- Coach and mentor junior production staff
Core Skills & Experience:
The right person for this role will have experience as a producer in a games studio. You will likely have 3+ years and currently in a mid-level role, our goal over the next couple of years will be to develop you in to a Senior Producer. You will be comfortable and experienced with managing a multi-disciplined team and will have a flexible approach to working with IP demands and requirements.
You will be naturally agnostic when it comes to technology and will be the kind of person who can pick up new tools and tech easily. We do, however, expect you to have a strong grasp of Jira (or similar task management programs).
Any experience as a producer on a VR title will be seen as a big bonus, but is not essential.
For this role to be successful, it will most likely require the person to have a regular presence in the studio every week. Hybrid working is standard, and we will assist financially with relocation for those looking to do so, but remote working is not possible for this role.
As well as a competitive salary our package includes:
- 25 days holiday
- +1 extra birthday holiday
- Access to Currys Techscheme
- Access to a private healthcare plan
Total 8% shared contribution pension
Have you made it this far?
If you’re still reading, we think there’s a strong chance you might be our kind of person.
Here’s the thing, though — research suggests that 60% of women and underrepresented folks might have already talked themselves out of applying. Even if you don’t check every box above, we want to encourage you to introduce yourself.
We believe a diversity of perspectives and experiences makes a team stronger — and the stronger our team, the closer we are to developing the best VR games possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.