This job might no longer be available.
24 days ago
As a producer at Ubi Québec, you will oversee the development and timely and on-budget delivery of a quality game based on the order and studio constraints.
What you'll do :
- Define and present the game development strategy to management
- Define the scope of the project and main deliverables
- Suggest a development plan for each platform
- Draw up and follow the project budget
- Build the team structure and optimally organize the workloads
- Decide which compromises should be made between the time, quality, and budget
- Manage risks and approve the contingency plans
- Draw up and present the status of the project (project snapshot status – PSS) to management
- Meet, when necessary, with external collaborators or members of the press to promote the game
- Negotiate agreements with internal and external suppliers whenever necessary
- Challenge the Brand manager on the product’s positioning on the market
- Gather, analyse, and transmit market information (consumer and stockholder) to the team
- Challenge and support the creative director in creating the game vision
- Implement the corporation’s management and design methods within the team
- Challenge the technical and IT teams on the technology choices
- Suggest technology choices that support game development (tools, engine) to management
- Ensure that you receive the level of quality that was expected
- Build the core team
- Define resource needs and establish a resource plan to be approved by management
- Supervise and coach subordinates
- Carry out performance assessment meetings with subordinates
- Validate annual salary reviews for team members
- Foster and participate in career development with the project’s key employees
- Help create a healthy, inclusive and positive work environment and escalate issues that could affect employees or the project as needed
- Carry out all other related tasks
What you bring :
- Degree in relevant area.
- Degree in management or administration (an asset).
- 3 to 5 years of experience as associate producer in the video game area or any other experience considered relevant in the multimedia production area.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of the video game market and industry
- Bilingual (functional in French and English)
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Know how to delegate and bring awareness
- Able to keep up with changes
- Able to maintain efficiency under pressure
What you send our way :
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped and a cover letter
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.