15 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us!
Located in Vancouver, BC, 2K Sports Lab is a small collective being formed within 2K Games that is driving the research and development of future sports interactive entertainment programs. Within this group, speculative work will be done on future sports games with an eye towards taking the magic of 2K’s publishing and development expertise and applying them to future opportunities.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Lego Drive, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply.
What We Need:
Our studio is looking for an experienced Producer who sets a high quality bar, values efficiency, productivity and the satisfaction that comes from helping a team do their best work. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about building teams and has the ability to inspire teams to strive for excellence.
In this role, you will be both leading others and also working hands on. You will work closely with the Director of Operations, Creative Directors, Technical Director and leads to establish short-term and long term goals for the team.
What You Will Do:
Your core responsibility is to ensure timely and efficient delivery of a significant game area, to do this we expect:
- That you partner with design and tech peers to ensure the impact and quality of established goals and deliverables for your group
- You will become well versed in the features being built for the game which will allow you to manage the goals and deliverables
- That you project manage your group
- Align with the Director of Operations to establish project structure and workflows in Jira
- Work with our team to help coordinate, focus, prioritize and track progress
- Ensure roadblocks for the team are removed
- Decompose long term efforts into incremental steps, planning and communicating road maps and risks to all stakeholders
- That you drive effective process within your group
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams of designers, engineers and artists to establish, prioritize, plan and deliver on short term and long term goals for the project
- Drive alignment, resolve ambiguity, and clarify technical and design strategy to improve your impact
- That you manage the structure and morale of your team
- That you manage external stakeholders
- Work across partner teams to share vision, resolve dependencies, and ensure timely delivery of feature inputs and requirements
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years of game production experience
- 3 or more shipped AAA games with significant scope of ownership
- Understands that great teams make great games – focuses on healthy team culture and understands how to strengthen team dynamics
- Organized, excellent communication skills, highly collaborative, open minded and has a tendency to be curious
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Passion for games and cares deeply about product quality – is not purely focused on just task management
- Excellent problem solver with a high degree of common sense
- Experience setting clear goals, planning and delivering features with cross functional teams and multiple competing requirements
- Outstanding project management capabilities, documentation, tracking and transparency
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Familiarity with development tooling, Perforce, build systems, integrated test etc
- Project management training in Scrum or other agile framework
- Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience in Jira, Monday, or other project management software
- Scrum Master or PMO certified
- Excellent at cultivating positive working relationships with internal partners and development teams.
- Love for sports is an asset
The pay range for this position in British Columbia, Canada at the start of employment is expected to be between 143,200 and 195,890 CAD per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.