Process Improvement Project Manager (Contract)
20 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Process Improvement Project Manager - 12 month contract assignment
San Mateo, CA or Remote US
The Global Marketing, Sales, and Business Operations division brings together a global staff with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary intellectual property. With teams in countries across the globe, we recognize the importance of balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our marketing, Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, we work together to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
As part of this division, the Executive Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) is responsible for supervising all strategy-related activities across the organization to ensure coordinated action and execution. The core areas of focus are goals tracking, organizational alignment, knowledge management, process improvement, and initiative management. Further, the team coordinates and runs project plans for division activities related to bringing products to market in both new and known capacities. In addition to leading the strategy activities, the team is also responsible for mapping division-level processes to create alignment and efficiency.
Our team is looking for a Process Improvement Project Manager to join our team and help us optimize our business processes through end-to-end process improvement projects. You will be responsible for analyzing, designing, and implementing process improvements across various functions and departments, using Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools. You will also manage process improvement projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and with the expected results. This role is vital to the future growth of GSBO. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player who possesses excellent planning skills, a demonstrable, collaborative mindset, can communicate effectively, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Conduct audits of current processes to identify areas for improvement
- Apply Lean Six Sigma principles and techniques to eliminate waste, reduce variation, and increase efficiency
- Create process maps, flowcharts, and diagrams using Visio, Signavio, or other software
- Develop and implement process improvement solutions, such as standard operating procedures, best practices, and automation
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of process improvements, using key performance indicators and metrics
- Manage process improvement projects, using Wrike, MS Project, or other project management tools
- Own and drive program management for planning and delivery of multiple large cross-regional, cross-functional initiatives.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, including senior management, staff, and customers, to ensure alignment and buy-in
- Provide training, coaching, and support to staff on process improvement methodologies and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or higher)
- At least 5 years of experience in process improvement, project management, or related role
- Proficient in Visio, Signavio, Wrike, MS Project, or other process mapping and project management software
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Data-centric with good planning skills and commercial focus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, working with our partners, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below, this is an hourly rate.
$121,000 — $182,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.