Procedural Technical Artist / Side Effects Houdini Specialized
5 months ago
The Procedural Technical Artist will populate autonomously the game worlds with already produced assets in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines. She/he will also create procedural tools for assembling dynamic assets and generating indoor/outdoor layouts. The Procedural Technical Artist will work mostly with Environment & Technical Art, Programming, Concept, Texture, Game and Level design teams to ensure that there are no technical problems met and to streamline the other team members' productivity and creativity.
- Populate the game worlds with assets (vegetation, rocks, clutter, decals, props etc.), in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines;
- Create procedural tools for assembling dynamic assets, generating indoor/outdoor layouts, spreading road networks, rivers, streams etc.
- Apply optimization to her/his work and work within the engine constraints;
- Research and prototype useful methods for automatization of the development of game worlds with Houdini. Constantly keeping up-to-date with the changes in the game technologies;
- Act as a bridge between the Art, the Programming & the other teams in the studio;
- Apply efficiently graphic principles in her/his work;
- Use and look for artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game;
- Understand and implement the desired gameplay intentions in the game levels he/she's in charge of;
- Be flexible and able to adapt to different technical/engine pipelines.
- Solid experience in Side Effects Houdini in procedural generation of graphical content;
- Understanding and applying the principles of procedural generation of graphical content in the game worlds;
- Understanding of code in Python, Vex or an equivalent language;
- Ability to work with technical constraints and integrate them into the procedural logic and tools;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good sense of form, shape, silhouette in regards to objects/layouts;
- Be able to anticipate the needs of the level artists in order to streamline their productivity;
- Good English (writing and speaking);
- Ability to think creatively in resolving technical challenges and limitations;
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Solid communication skills and a strong team-player;
- Passion for games and a strong game culture.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Houdini Engine (Unreal, Unity, other)
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity, other)
- Previous experience in game development;
- Experience in Autodesk 3D Studio Max (modeling and texturing tools);
- Professional working environment and access to the latest procedural technologies in the game development industry;
- Work with the most advanced procedural systems and some of the best professionals in the field;
- Work on AAA projects;
- Career opportunities, including the possibility of professional exchanges with other Ubisoft studios around the world;
- Incentive programs meant to ensure our new employees an easy integration in the teams;
- Motivating salary and bonuses;
- Comprehensive benefits package, incl. meal tickets, transport titles, private medical insurance, etc.;
- International work culture;
- Excellent office location;
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria (work on-site)
CONTACT: Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The Studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®. For more than five years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. Right now, after 12 years, more than 16 released games, and increasing its teams almost six times to 180+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is working away on contributing to three of the Ubisoft's biggest projects including the recently announced Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and Skull & Bones.