Principal UI Tech Artist
9 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for a talented, experienced Principal level UI Tech Artist to help us elevate Fortnite’s UI. In this position, you will collaborate with other Principals, Directors, and Leads to craft highly polished and performant Tech Art solutions and designs using materials, UMG, animation, FX, lighting, blueprints, and camera tools inside of UE4/5. Your role will be to think holistically about Fortnite’s use of Tech Art and help us chart and execute a new fresh direction forward.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate to establish tech art templates, thematics, and principles for Fortnite’s future facing UI.
- Build tech art syste ms and establish cohesive visual patterns for motion, FX, UI transitions, motion, scale, and proportion tha t act as a force multiplier and unifier for the rest of Fortnite's UX/UI team.
- Help educate and mentor visual designers and UI artists on the team.
- Work closely with UX, tech design, game design, engineering, audio, visual design, and UI art to create AAA quality tech art solutions.
- Think about and plan for how tech art needs to adapt across a diverse range of platforms for both visual fidelity as well as performance..
- Help to lead efforts to define, maintain, and evolve how we use tools and manage UI tech art assets across the team.
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of experience designing in game UI and tech art that includes
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the Unreal engine or another game engine using similar systems for managing fx and tech art with a portfolio of highly technical solutions that represent an ability to adapt quickly to Unreal.
- Expert level knowledge of level sequencer, material functions and systems, matinee, and advanced UV math.
- You have extensive experience working with multidisciplinary teams to ship AAA quality UI and UX.
- Experience with any intersection between 3D and UI: cameras, lighting, framing, post-processing, spatial UI, diegetic UI.
- A strong portfolio showing your work and insight into your process.
- You’re highly proactive and able to work autonomously, but really enjoy collaborating as part of a high performing team with a high EQ.
- You have a passion for making and playing games.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive individual who naturally leans into owning outcomes from start to finish.
- Diversity is a core value for us and under represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Strong 3D modeling skills for creating .
- You have worked on 3+ AAA game titles.
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.