Principal UI Programmer
26 days ago
Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate Principal UI Programmer
to work with the Hunt: Showdown
As Principal UI programmer, you will help develop the tools and interaction methods that are required for building user interfaces, and be the font of knowledge for your team. Working closely with UX / UI Designers, you will play an central role in how the UI is built and how it will function. The ideal candidate has experience in different parts of game development.
Relocation & Remote Work
For this position, you have one of the following options:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in one of the following countries, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country (max. +/- 2 hours CET), we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Develop, test, maintain and optimize the UI systems to work efficiently with the supported consoles and platforms, using CRYENGINE and Flash.
- Meet the project’s schedule by breaking the long term goals into manageable tasks.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Write technical and software design documents.
- Work very closely with UI Artists, UX Designers, and other Engineers.
- 9+ years of professional experience as UI Programmer in the games industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent programming skills in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Strong knowledge of Flash and ActionScript.
- Comfortable working with Visual Studio and Adobe Flash CS6.
- Worked on a UI oriented project.
- Experience with writing custom controls, skins and other advanced UI features.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Working knowledge of Scaleform.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience in UX Design or development of UI systems.
- Worked in multi-team agile development (SCRUM).
What you can expect from us
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
Join us on our exciting company events, including new starter breakfasts, summer and winter parties, our annual trip to Gamescom in Cologne, and many more!*
We are all gamers: stay connected and play games with your colleagues at our remote gaming parties.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.