Principal Software Engineer, SRE (Digital Publishing)
7 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer (Principal Site Reliability Engineer) for our Platform team!
What You'll Do:
- Expand our ability to develop and deliver the online services that power the Wizards of the Coast ecosystem of digital products and tools.
- Build infrastructure automation and systems used to support digital gameplay for internal and external partners.
- Scale hardware provisioning to match fluctuating demand. Own cloud scaling configurations to meet availability targets.
- Work with Software Engineers to ensure system resiliency. Collaborate with service development teams across Core Tech to develop infrastructure and platform solutions which meet our global players’ high expectations of always available and reliable services.
- Understanding the health of applications using key monitoring and alerting technologies. Deliver consumable and proactive observability of business-critical systems.
- Provide and implement vision for CI/CD environment management and build solutions
- Engage with department leadership and external partners to translate business requirements into implementable technical roadmaps.
- Contribute, define, and promote best patterns and practices for deploying cloud-based infrastructure as code in a secure, reliable and efficient manner.
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams, and to provide technical leadership data to inform the way we make decisions.
- Mastery of configuring build systems.
- Experience managing Docker, Kubernetes, or other container orchestration.
- Strong opinions of maintainable Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience profiling running services to identify performance and memory bottlenecks in high availability, scalable systems.
- Familiarity with at least one major public cloud and understanding of the infrastructure for distributed applications.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$145,704 — $235,208 USD