This job might no longer be available.
Principal Software Engineer, Payments
San Mateo, CA, United States
7 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Payments platform team last year supported an annual payment volume of double digit $$billion(s) globally and we are just getting started. We are re-inventing our payments platform to provide a seamless gaming and monetization experience in an industry that is seeing explosive growth and innovation.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE’s payment platform engineering organization helping to establish a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed payment services platform.
This next generation payment platform will support the global, fast growing SIE customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Now and PlayStation Vue. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network services platform including existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the team, you will design highly scalable systems, develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects , engineers, operations team members across playstation and build solid payment platform solutions. We are a fast-paced environment, using lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing business critical software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML, expert level of object oriented programming analysis and design
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience developing web services using JSON and XML
- Proficient in software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch of project
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with micro service architecture.
- Experience in requirements engineering, describing software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with an e-commerce company or Payments software is a plus
- Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment.
- Experience building high performance, active-active, linearly scalable production services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, or C++, Web Services, REST, SQL/NoSQL data layers)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.