Principal Software Engineer - Engineering Efficiency
8 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Engineering Efficiency team at Roblox provides a golden path of intuitive tools and services helping every engineer at the company build, test, and ship world-class software.
- A fluent programmer in at least one common language (C#, Python, Java, Go).
- Well-versed in modern DevOps principles and best practices.
- Energized by helping your coworkers get more done in less time.
- Excited to work locally alongside your customers (your peers) in beautiful San Mateo, California.
- Design software and code every day.
- Refine and simplify the flow of code from engineer's fingertips to production deploy.
- Use tools to foster an audacious, trust-based, always improving engineering culture.
- Report to the senior manager of our Continuous Integration team building full stack web apps, local developer tools, internal microservices, reusable CI workflows, developer productivity metrics, and integrations with 1st and 3rd party systems
- A BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) + at least 8 years work experience.
- Designed, built, shipped, monitored, and supported a tool or system used by other engineers at Roblox scale (1000+ engineers).
- Produced concise documentation, tutorials, or examples that were consumed by engineers.
- Researched, proposed, and implemented a new technology or process with measurable positive impact.
- Set up, administered, and integrated with common 3rd party development tools, such as:
- GitHub, Perforce, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory, Nexus, NPM, Nuget, Grafana, Kibana
- Experience working with common cloud technologies
- Hashistack (Nomad, Terraform, Vault), Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, Azure
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$331,640 — $383,910 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.