Principal Software Engineer - Economy
12 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Work with the most passionate people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox Economy Group tackles all aspects of trade and commerce in Roblox. This includes and is not limited to Payments and Fraud, Ads, Avatar Shop and so on. The goals is
This is much more than just a typical engineering position. This is an opportunity for you to challenge your engineering talents by building something new and important, sharing expertise, adopting innovations contributed by other engineering teams and making a direct impact to the company bottom line.
- Leading cross functional engineering efforts to scale up backend system to handle large number of concurrent users
- Experienced in designing and building web application using microservice architecture
- Capable of breaking down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages with track record to show successful execution
- A expert in SQL and NoSQL database scalability and optimization
- A mentor and tech lead that has helped team members to grow their technical depth
- A experienced backend engineer with 8+ years of work experience
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Develop backend services that scale to billions of products and transactions in a reliable, secure manner.
- Lead design and architecture discussions and mentor junior engineers
- Help recruit future talent for the team
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar