Principal Software Engineer, Data
12 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As our Principal Software Engineer, you’ll join the Games Server team to lead the effort in scaling our data infrastructure.
Rec Room wants to maximize the value of our large volume of data, and you’ll be coming in at a critical point in our journey to enable us to do so. You’ll have the opportunity to set the foundation for how we think about and build on top of data going forward. You’ll design a robust system using the latest technologies to help create a modern data stack, empowering Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists, and ML engineers to do what they do best.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Architect, build, implement and maintain our data infrastructure to power analytics.
- Be the go to person for client data collection, backend processing, and serving of data for analytics or new client features.
- Lead our investments into various open-source and 3rd party tools to build a system that scales with the company
- Build out a system that enables orchestration across our stack
- Collaborate with our Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers to make pipeline implementation faster, more straightforward, and more trustworthy.
- Think through our Databricks infrastructure, optimizing our cluster utilization, data storage and access, and enabling our investment in data privacy
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience working in a distributed big data architecture using spark, hadoop or similar.
- 3+ years experience working with real-time data ingestion/processing
- Experience with a high-level programming language (e.g., C#, Java, Python)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (i.e., NoSQL, blob storage, etc.)
- Internal drive to build the most robust, scalable, and reliable infrastructure out there.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with Spark/databricks
- Experience building modern data pipelines using cloud services
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec Room strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.