Principal Software Engineer - Creator Services Translation
9 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Software Engineer within the Creator Services - Translation Team, you will have the independence, opportunity, and the end-to-end responsibility to help us create the localization and translation systems that power the entire Roblox services ecosystem.
The Creator Services - Translation Team is responsible for the systems that power translation and localization of all UGC and platform content. These systems allow us to reach a global audience of players and make it possible for creators to reach all markets! You will report to our senior engineering manager and work at Roblox headquarters in San Mateo, CA following a hybrid schedule.
- Have the opportunity and autonomy to design, test and deploy our services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Help design our systems and services to be scalable and resilient
- Improve the entire platform through work in some of the highest scale systems Roblox owns
- Enable new language support, creator and internal engineering efficiency through support and new features of the localization platform
- A Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical decisions across multiple teams and organizations
- An outstanding software engineer with 8+ years experience shipping high complexity code and high impact projects
- Experienced in building and supporting backend applications at scale
- Proficient in C#, Java, Go or any other object-oriented programming language
- Consistent with building and delivering projects from conception to production
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Product-minded with an interest in understanding the end-user
You May Have:
- Proficient skill as a full-stack development including using React.js for web frontends
- Experience developing either REST or gRPC APIs
- Ability as a C++ development
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$267,720 — $331,640 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.