Principal Software Engineer (Back-end)
2 months ago
GSN Games is looking for a Principal Back-end Engineer to join our team in Boston!
About the GSN Games Skill Studio:
Take on cash tournaments and help transform real-money gaming with WorldWinner.com
and the WorldWinner app. WorldWinner offers a wide and ever-changing variety of tournaments within multiple game titles for game enthusiasts of all skill levels.
What You’ll do:
GSN Games is seeking a transformational Principal Back-end Engineer to shape the technical strategy and architecture of our platform which powers multiple WorldWinner websites, iOS/Android apps, and dozens of games! In this role, you will report to our Director of Engineering and work on the most significant business opportunities with the toughest technical challenges to solve. As a Principal Engineer, you'll define best practices for more than a dozen engineers, identify the right opportunities to push our technology forward and confidently present complex strategies and proposals to a less technical audience.
- Identify and realize opportunities to evolve our technology along with the features we are building.
- Modernize our payment infrastructure and work with engineers across multiple teams to coordinate payment upgrades.
- Provide technical leadership to the larger engineering group, and help grow the team through code reviews, presentations, and large technical planning exercises.
- Participate in technical research and development to help us innovate our services.
- Encourage team awareness and adoption of relevant emerging technologies.
- Mentor more junior team members.
- 10+ years of total programming experience in a language, or combination of OOP languages such as: Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Understanding of relational database principals, and the ability to write efficient SQL.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
- Strong object-oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Ability to write high-performance production quality code.
- Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross-functional partners in product and design to build a world-class online and offline products.
- Knowledge of more legacy languages and experience modernizing them.
- Love playing games!