This job might no longer be available.
Principal Software Engineer (Back-end)
9 months ago
GSN Games is looking for a Principal Back-end Engineer to join our team in Boston!
About the GSN Games Skill Studio:
Take on cash tournaments and help transform real-money gaming with WorldWinner.com
and the WorldWinner app. WorldWinner offers a wide and ever-changing variety of tournaments within multiple game titles for game enthusiasts of all skill levels.
What You’ll Do:
GSN Games is seeking a Principal Back-end Engineer to help shape the technical strategy and architecture of our back-end services. In this role, you will report to the Director of Engineering and work on the most significant business opportunities with the toughest technical challenges to solve. As a Principal Engineer identify the right opportunities to push our technology forward and confidently present complex strategies and proposals to a less technical audience.
- Design, code, and debug software.
- Improve the performance and architecture of existing software.
- Participate in technical research and development to help us innovate our services.
- Encourage team awareness and adoption of relevant emerging technologies.
- Provide technical leadership to the larger engineering group through code reviews, presentations, and large technical planning exercises.
- 8+ years of total programming experience in a language, or combination of OOP languages such as: Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Understanding of relational database principals, and the ability to write efficient SQL.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
- Strong object-oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Ability to write high-performance production quality code.
- Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross-functional partners in product and design to build a world-class online and offline products.
- Knowledge of more legacy languages and experience modernizing them.
- Love playing games!