This job might no longer be available.
Principal Marketing Analyst | Candy Crush Soda
14 days ago
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
We are looking for a dedicated and proactive Principal Marketing Analyst interested in building, defining and pushing the boundaries of marketing Data and Analytics within Soda Analytics. You will work closely between central teams, Soda Analytics & Reporting, and Soda marketing teams/leads.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be working with a diverse set of team members in a lively, dynamic and fast- paced environment. You’ll help us further understand the marketing landscape by analyzing the effect of marketing activities on the bottom line as well as player behavior. As the team’s scope is broad, you will also help to support cross- Soda projects that require a general analytics skill set. While you will primarily work on analytics related to Performance Marketing and Brand activities, you will be expected to contribute to other projects as well.
- Become the bridge point between marketing and analytics within Soda Analytics.
- Proactively develop and own new relationships with external and internal data providers and teams working with Performance Marketing / Brand spend.
- Develop, maintain and own a portfolio of analytical tools/reporting that can be used to more quickly and effectively understand marketing investment impact.
- Provide the Soda Analytics team with in- depth knowledge of marketing impact, qualitative and quantitative player data/trends, and act as the expert in marketing analytics in Soda.
Skills to build thrills
There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific factors that are advantageous to excel in this role include:
- Analytical mindset: You are a data driven storyteller who thrives in speed of delivery, domain knowledge and wide understanding of available tech and data. You are comfortable with loosely defined problems and insights and are able to take those to a full- scale solution.
- Business Insight : You have the ability to identify the real problem and issues our teams want to tackle. You know how to define the right data, critical metrics, analyses or interpretations leading to the right recommendations.
- Communication : You are an expert at crafting an analytical story that can be understood by a wide variety of audiences and disciplines. You are also highly comfortable working with all levels of seniority and knowledge - from the detailed- oriented VP to the straight out of uni junior analyst
- Prior experience with marketing analytics, specifically PM (performance marketing) : As this is a new area of specialization in Soda, we need someone who can get off the ground running and help set the way forward with market best practices.
- Prior experience owning and running the full scope of analytics initiatives : This is a senior role in the organization and you are expected to know how to run your own projects, set your own priorities and keep your stakeholders up to date and looped into your projects.
Other experience that might be advantageous, but is not required, includes:
- Consumer Insights analytics: you have worked with survey and/or interview based data on consumer behavior
- Brand analytics: You have an understanding of how brand efforts effect the bottom line and have experience with applying analytical frameworks to determine ROI of brand investments
- Technical skills: You can extract, manipulate and visualize data and you have a good understanding of applied statistics (probability and confidence theory). You are comfortable with SQL, familiar with Python/R and/or you know how to use visualization tools like Looker for reporting/monitoring needs.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
- Experience in the games industry, customer service or similarly customer- facing digital businesses.
At King, we’re Making the World Playful. Heard of Candy Crush? We’re the creators behind it. With game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in Dublin, San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Malta, we have a 20- year history of delivering some of the world’s most iconic games in the mobile gaming industry and are on a mission to level- up the little moments for our more than 200 million active monthly users. But we aren’t just crushing it with candies, we’re also behind Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch, Pet Rescue and loads of other sweet games. As a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, King is part of Activision Blizzard, which was recently acquired by Microsoft.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
King strives to be a place where everyone can be their most authentic self. We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion is a vital and continuous conversation, and that change only happens when we all come together. It’s our mission to build a diverse and inclusive Kingdom for our people, players, and community.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is our mission – it’s the thread that connects our people, our players, and our passion for our games. Let’s face it, who doesn’t love a bit of fun?
Kingsters are seriously playful: creative thinkers who balance art and science to bring moments of magic to millions daily. But our players aren’t the only ones that can level- up. We’re always looking for ways to champion each other and make what’s already great, even better.
So, if this feels like a fun way to spend your days, and you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful.
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com