Principal Machine Learning Engineer- Economy
23 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Why Economy Machine Learning?
The Economy group is responsible for multiple projects and products to support a robust economy inside of Roblox. The Economy Machine Learning team works on a wide range of machine learning problems across Economy including:
- Content Understanding and 3D similarity for Avatar Items
- Avatar Marketplace Search and Recommendations
- Ad and Billing Fraud Detection
- Ad Targeting and Prediction
- Work with product engineers and infra engineers to build, deploy, maintain and monitor high-scale ML solutions.
- Work with the cross-functional teams on defining the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Build and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Define, develop, and implement engineering best practices and strategies.
- Mentor junior engineers and help build out a world class ML team.
- Ensure that our systems are scalable, reliable, and extensible.
- A Bachelor's to advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, (computational) physics or statistics.
- 7+ years experience with at least one of the following areas: payments or ad fraud, anomaly detection or similar ML-focused products.
- Experience building and working on end-to-end ML systems, including data analysis, ML modeling and data pipelines.
- You enjoy working with and leading engineers, love to earn their respect and can help them to accomplish the impossible.
- You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You engage well with Product and can navigate an organization to guide clarity and effect.
- A Technical Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical solutions. Your technical expertise influences product direction.
- Versatile: You have a breadth and depth of expertise, and you are comfortable with several languages and technologies already; you are fungible in any situation. You can execute on goals, and take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems.
- Analytical: Excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and measure the problems and the solutions.
- User Oriented: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution.
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$267,720 — $331,640 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.