Principal Level Designer
Helsinki 00100 Finland
7 months ago
Are you passionate about level design, match3, analytics and mentoring? If you said “yes!” to these questions, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Principal Level Designer to join our team at Seriously (Helsinki office). You’ll work as part of the game design team helping us to create and manage the heart of the game experience - thrilling, fun, well-balanced and interesting casual puzzle levels, that keep players coming back for more!
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, we are just about to conquer the globe.
What does the ride include ?
- Work with the Level Designers, help them to build new levels and improve the existing ones. Provide feedback on the levels under construction, review and approve the levels.
- Mentor and motivate Level Designers and work closely with the entire development team
- Help with the creation of new game mechanics, from concept to completion
- Analyze (real-time) feedback and metrics, and adjust level design accordingly
- Work with the team to ensure level consistency across the title(s)
- Actively contribute to creative discussions surrounding feature reviews and new features
- Create, assess, re-balance and fine-tune new and existing levels
What does it take to sign up for the race?
- Experience of level design for casual puzzle games and in-depth knowledge of the casual puzzle game genre
- Experience in leadership and/or mentoring role
- Solid understanding of game mechanics, balancing and pacing
- Relevant experience working within a game production team and in-depth knowledge of mobile game production best practices (Unity experience considered a plus)
- Fluent in English as it’s our working language
- Pride and responsibility in your work and craft!
We offer you a steady, transparent, startup-minded working environment, not to mention free apples in the kitchen! This role is a new one for us which means that you can have a huge effect on how it will turn out. We dare to say that we are one of the most successful gaming companies in Finland so with us you surely are working with the best on the field!
If you feel you´re up for the challenge, please apply as soon as possible as we´ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.