14 days ago
Principal Engineer (f/m/d)
Would you like to leave a mark in the landscape of games while working in a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment and with people who are passionate to create an awesome game experience together?
We are looking for a talented Principal Game Engineer with strong Unreal background and broad technical knowledge to join the talented team behind our games.
In this role, you will be working directly with the Technical Lead with significant ownership and responsibility. As a Principal Engineer, you hold a great scope of influence on the product to ensure that the technical team produces high-quality game features for our game. You are expected to lead by example willing to carry out game engineering discipline work in a clear and maintainable internal standard.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Support the Technical Director by guiding other engineers and maintaining best practices, development processes, and quality standards
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable solutions
- Spot potential problems and recognize opportunities to improve our games or general workflows and seek to make these changes
- To guide us on technical solutions and be on top of the latest technologies and development in the industry that enables you to improve the game and our work
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Mentoring and taking part in the hiring
- 5+ of programming experience in game development with at least one title shipped game title
- Worked on multiple games and experienced in different areas of game development including but not only:
Gameplay code, AI and animation, etc; online services, backend; build pipeline and automation
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with utilization of solid software engineering practices
- Strong in problem-solving and ability to identify problems and define priorities
- Strong expertise working with Unreal Engine 4
- Past experience in mentoring and hiring
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss designs with respect to technical challenges
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch and present relevant topics
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!