Principal Electrical Engineer
2 days ago
Job Posting TitlePrincipal Electrical Engineer
SummaryWe're pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we're designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. With cool new titles, such as Game of Thrones TM, Sons of Anarchy and Lightning Link along with our award-winning app Heart of Vegas, we're continually pushing the bar of creativity.
What You'll Do
The Principal Electrical Engineer position is a hands-on role and is responsible for overseeing the development of new gaming products within a global engineering environment and will be responsible to spearhead new product development from planning to execution, establish architectural and development guidelines, work directly will all internal and external technology partners and develop product testing strategies. In addition, the Principal Engineer will be the primary mentor and guide to the electrical engineering staff.
- Translate new product requirements to technical terms and layout desired architecture and design guidelines.
- Frequent communication and collaboration with key internal stakeholders including but not limited to Product, Global Engineering, Platform (OS Teams), etc. will be necessary.
- Support and collaborate with Global Strategic Sourcing team to identify and regularly communicate with technology partners and to proactively manage and resolve supply chain risks throughout all development cycles.
- Guide troubleshooting and debugging efforts throughout all development and release phases.
- Coordinate and coach electrical engineers on a regular basis.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 12 years of experience in electronics engineering development.
- Proven capability in technical development and architecture.
- Strong knowledge of common electronic interfaces such as USB, SATA, PCIe, Ethernet etc.
- Knowledge of product development processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience with common MCU/CPU and FPGA architectures.
- Strong hands-on capability using electronic test equipment such as protocol analyzer, MSO’s etc.
- Comfortable working in a large global organization with 2nd and 3rd degree influence with business & technology collaboration and partnering.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as it is expected to communicate across different technical and non-technical disciplines.
- Capable of designing to global EMC and Safety standards & regulations.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change - can operate within a dynamic environment.
- Able to sort through competing/conflicting priorities to arrive at an optimal solution.
- Prior Experience in a highly regulated environment desirable.
- Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent experience level.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.