Principal Software Engineer
Austin, TX, United States
22 days ago
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be a contributor on an elite team responsible for the modernization, scalability, and resilience of core components of Zynga's infrastructure. Projects such as automated build, test, and packaging systems as well as source control management across all of Zynga are what we’re focused on today, but we’re growing by taking on security and leading the way for the DevOps movement within the company. We’re looking for exceptional engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team.
After 12 months in this role, you will have:
- Worked with the team's Architect to design a brand-new CI/CD pipeline architecture for our Zynga Game Teams
- Researched off-the-shelf and open source software which can fulfill some of those logical components
- Designed a software architecture with multiple logical components, their interfaces, and contracts which will run in Production at 99.9% uptime
- Written thousands of lines of code in Python (API, UI, CLI) for new logical components or to interface between existing logical components
- Worked with partner teams and Game Teams to understand all of their technical requirements to build their games, and onboard at least 3 Game Teams to the new pipeline architecture
- Maintained solid documentation of all code, written unit tests and integration tests, and cross-trained other engineers
- Mentored junior engineers in software development and infrastructure design
- Followed standard Scrum/Agile procedures to iteratively achieve all feature requests and larger milestones
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Track record of experience as a technical leader and serving as a mentor to other engineers
- Track record of successfully designing and implementing projects with minimal oversight and consistent delivery
- Track record of leading projects from ground up, demonstrating proficiency in creating milestones, breaking up work into components, and delivering results as projected
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with software programming, preferably in Python
- Experience writing CLI programs
- Experience writing API applications
- Experience writing UI interfaces
- Experience with database design
- Experience with cloud computing and using infrastructure-as-code to manage cloud resources (preferably AWS and Terraform)
- Experience with CI/CD tools in a multi-site environment (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Perforce, Swarm, Nexus, Subversion)
- Experience with monitoring and diagnostic tools (Datadog, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, etc.)
- Experience with building and deploying containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with secrets management (HashiCorp Vault, AWS Secrets Manager)
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.