Principal Data Analyst (Contract)
18 days ago
GSN Games, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment, is looking for a Principal Data Analyst (Contract) to join our team.
What You’ll Do
The GSN Data Analytics team delivers analytics, insight and reporting that help to move the needle in the business of our games. You will be on the Central Analytics team and collaborate with other members of the Analytics & larger Data team to conceptualize, develop and roll-out reporting, advanced analytics & insight to help games grow and make our games more fun. This is an exceptional opportunity to apply your data analytics experience to drive actionable insights across a portfolio of games.
- Collaborate closely with individual studios and business units to deliver actionable insights & drive value to the organization.
- Develop high quality reporting, and ad-hoc analytics on critical business problems
- Proactively identify opportunities where analytics can be applied, as well as make recommendations on appropriate methodology.
- Collaborate with partner teams, such as Data Engineering, ML, etc. to optimize data systems for better performance and deliverability of insight.
- Provide guidance and mentor other analysts.
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- 7+ years experience using SQL, including complex queries from multiple data sources
- Strong background in analytics, probability, statistics.
- Excellent problem solving skills and experience with revenue forecasting, performance marketing, data governance at scale.
- Experience working with large scale data sets. Vertica or similar columnar store DB preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly prioritize and execute multiple competing projects based on business case and expected impact
- BS in Mathematics, Science or Engineering. MS preferred.
- Experience in games/gaming analytics preferred