Principal Build Engineer - Stumble Guys
24 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Principal Build Engineer to join our Stumble Guys team in our Dundee or Barcelona studios! This will be a hybrid position.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Stumble Guys is one of our biggest hits, winning numerous awards and with millions of fans joining the party every single day. The ambition for Stumble Guys is it becoming nothing less than a beloved franchise and a destination platform that is played for many years to come across a variety of platforms.
We are looking for an experienced build engineer to join our “dev automation” team. As a key member of that team you will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining our tools, services and infrastructure that empower our 100+ strong development team in their mission to bring the best Stumble Guys experience to all our target platforms - including mobile, PC and console.
What you will do
- Develop, maintain and improve the services and infrastructure for our automation machines
- Expand the build systems to support new platforms and new automated workflows
- Collaborate with the game team to understand their needs and challenges to propose and build new automated workflows that empower them
- Help shape and drive the roadmap for the team to ensure we are focused on areas of impact
- Provide support for troubleshooting build and deployment issues, resolving them in a timely manner
What you will need
- 5+ years of experience in build engineering, with experience in game development/build pipelines
- Proficiency in programming languages as Typescript, Python, Ruby, Groovy or Bash
- Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, Github Actions, Fastlane or Unity Cloud Build
- Comprehensive knowledge of source control systems - primarily Git
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- To be proactive in understanding and meeting the needs of development teams and stakeholders
It’s a plus if you have
- Experience building and deploying for latest gen consoles
- Integrated automation workflows with Github Actions
- An understanding of how to build Unity projects effectively
- Previous experience of Perforce source control as well as Git
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Notice to candidates: Scopely, Inc and its affiliates will never request payment or ask for financial information as a condition for applying to a position or receiving an offer of employment. All official Scopely, Inc. recruiters only use email domains that end with @scopely.com.
Our official website is www.scopely.com
. Please only apply to positions posted on our official website and ensure the recruiter only communicates via the official email domain.
Should you have any questions or encounter any fraudulent requests/emails/websites, please immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.