Principal Application Security Engineer
14 days ago
Job Title:Principal Application Security Engineer
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision Blizzard, the publisher of the hit Call of Duty franchise and World of Warcraft, is looking for a passionate application security engineer to join our Activision Blizzard King (ABK) Security Engineering team. If you are an avid gamer with a security and development background, come be a part of our team. The Principal Application Security Engineer will be key in helping our talented and creative developers secure our application ecosystems across the enterprise. This role reports into the Senior Director of ABK’s Trust Center and maintains strong relationships with all line-of-business technology groups. You will work closely with several key individuals and teams and will be part of a talented team of security engineers who demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security across our enterprise.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the design of application ecosystems
- Engineer, implement, and configure application related tooling to ensure the security of the environment
- Research new techniques for gaining unauthorized access to ABK IP
- Develop technical solutions, new security tools/scripts to automate repeatable tasks
- Introduce and integrate security testing tools to existing SDLC to drive higher levels of assurance
- Inform application security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Identify and define application security requirements
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further application security enhancement
- Ability to effect change through influence
- Proven work experience as an application security engineer or information security engineer
- Working knowledge of c, c++, c#, .NET core, python, Java
- Proven ability to identify code level weaknesses
- Extensive experience in mobile security
- Working knowledge of best practices for securing code repositories
- Strong familiarity with various build technologies, code repositories, and CI/CD pipeline processes
- Serve as the technical SME on project work
- Mentor other team members through technical challenges
- Thorough understanding of security testing techniques
- Ability to problem solve independently and collaborate as a team to solve complex problems in support of the team’s mission
- Proven experience in finding vulnerabilities and weaknesses in code and systems
- Knowledge of industry best practices for foundational security elements and application security best practices
- Experience leading technical projects
- Working knowledge of fuzzing, DAST, SAST, SCA and/or IAST
- Publicly credited for identifying CVE/CWE
- Past experience presenting at security conferences
- Knowledge of Cloud Services like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of containerization software: Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Perl, Powershell
- Knowledge of DevOps
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.