This job might no longer be available.
Principal 3D Vehicle Artist
25 days ago
Gameloft Barcelona and Disney have teamed up on an exciting new multiplatform IP Disney Speedstorm. With Disney Speedstorm’s recent release on all major consoles including PC we're looking to expand the team! Our vehicle art team is well established and currently works on both Disney Speedstorm and our flagship racing title Asphalt 9. Working under the supervision of the Lead Vehicle artist and the Studio Art Directors, your role as Principal Vehicle Artist will be creating - and managing the creation - of hard surface 3D artworks for Disney Speedstorm. We’re looking for an independent 3D artist passionate about hard surface 3D modeling with good communication skills and the desire to work in a team. Candidates looking for career progression are encouraged to apply. We value our artists and offer a supportive environment that gives you the space to grow.
- Drive the visual quality of the 3D vehicle artworks produced by the team under the supervision of the Lead Vehicle Artist
- Work closely with Art Director and concept artists to define the starting point of your 3D artworks
- Define and suggest new processes to improve art asset production from shader pipeline to technical workflow
- Setup and test 3D models within game engine
- Review 3D artworks in-game and ensure visual quality is consistently high, either through directly modified assets yourself or suggesting improvements to teammates and outsourcers
- Communicate with outsourcers about asset creation, providing feedback and guidelines when necessary
- Work with lead vehicle artist and product owners to schedule your art assets
- Own your artworks: collaborate with marketing and licensing teams to suggest ways of present your artwork in the most attractive way possible
- Create 3D artworks yourself as required by project
- 2 to 4 years’ experience as Senior 3D Game Artist showcased by a published title
- A portfolio of 3D artwork demonstrating your artistic abilities
- Highly motivated; with a deep passion for video games
- Experience in real-time game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished product
- Proven experience in working with 3DSMax, Autodesk Maya and Substance Designer
- Understanding of PBR shading, post-processing and advanced mapping techniques
- Ability to work with and communicate on shader and technical pipeline with engine developers
- Independent and team-driven approach
- Be open to working on a variety of hard surface 3D assets such as vehicles, weapons and any other general hard surface modeling assets
- Be very communicative, methodic and organized.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to be part of an international environment with daily contact with other countries & cultures!
- Because you want to work in an inclusive equal opportunity workplace!
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
- Permanent contract, full-time job with excellent Social Benefits.
- 25 vacation days per year
- Private medical health insurance
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant Card
- Free language courses
- Birthday day off + option to work a shortened schedule on three days.
- Flexible work-from-home hybrid model + 2 months of full remote to work from anywhere you want!
- Merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package.
- Career-development opportunities.
- Excellent local working conditions (quality of offices, geographical location of office in the centre of Barcelona).
- ... and Thursday afterwork beers!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
We're looking for gamers from all walks of life to join our team! We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where everyone feels welcome, respected, valued, and empowered to do their best work. To do so, we joined hands with organizations such as FemDevs and COGAM, who are helping us to create a safe workplace where gamers can come together (no matter what their background culture or identity is) and create amazing experiences for our players.
Whether you're a casual gamer or a hardcore e-sports competitor, and regardless of the platform you prefer (we’re a cross-platform dev Studio now!) we want you to feel like you belong to our team.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.com
If the offer interests you, Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.