Player Support Agent
1 month ago
Join Skillz and Level Up Your Career!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join Skillz, the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform that hosts billions of casual mobile gaming tournaments for millions of players worldwide. Skillz is revolutionizing the gaming industry, providing the ultimate platform for competitive mobile games. By fostering social competition within games, Skillz empowers developers to create multi-million dollar franchises while connecting players through fair, enjoyable, and meaningful competition.
At Skillz, we firmly believe that everyone is born with unique skills and deserves to experience an epic win. We understand the thrill of achievement and the satisfaction of overcoming challenges. That's why we passionately champion game developers and players alike, empowering them to unleash their full potential through the power of competition.
Life @ Skillz
- Culture of Impact: Join a united team of builders, creators, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven by the desire to win. At Skillz, we create value and make a difference in the world.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We value our team members and provide a comprehensive benefits package to ensure your well-being. Enjoy 401K matching, equity incentives, extensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, pre-tax benefit options, and more.
- Work-Life Balance: Achieving work-life balance is important to us. We offer competitive paid time off (PTO) & company holidays to help you recharge and pursue your passions.
- Perks: We believe in enhancing your work experience. Enjoy daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, Friday Happy Hours, commuter benefits, insurances, and many more.
- Pioneers of Skill-Based Competition: Skillz is not just any company in the gaming industry; we are the pioneer of skill-based competition. Join us in transforming the way people play games and building the home of competition for all.
- Impact Beyond Gaming: Skillz harnesses the power of its platform to support nonprofit organizations such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, the NAACP, and more. By participating in Skillz tournaments, you can make a difference and contribute to causes you care about.
- Recognized Success: Skillz has earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, San Francisco Business Times' Best Places to Work, Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000 list, and many more.
- Talent Magnet: Join a team of talented professionals who are passionate about what they do. Our team includes experts from Meta, Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Roblox, Samsung, EA, Riot, Tinder, Intel, Twitch, and more.
The Future of Gaming Awaits!
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books combined, with over 3 billion active gamers playing monthly and over 25 million active developers worldwide. Mobile gaming, in particular, is the fastest-growing segment, projected to reach $300 billion by 2025. At Skillz, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this exciting industry and shape its future.
Player Support Agent at Skillz:
Do you like testing apps and playing games as part of your job? Then we want to talk to you.
The Skillz Player Support team is looking for a Support Representative to work with our users to maximize player engagement, retention, and satisfaction. You’ll play a key role in broadening and deepening the company’s relationship with our players. Responsibilities will include:
- Addressing player inquiries and handling escalated issues directly from our players.
- Managing escalated issues from outsourced support agents.
- Revising and constructing player-facing support templates, FAQs, and other materials.
- Identifying and reporting player trends and issues to various departments within the business.
- Contributing strategically to the growth and direction of Skillz products and services while prioritizing player retention.
- Ability to complete ad hoc projects to support the Player Support team.
- Packaging and channeling feedback to stakeholders across product, engineering, and developer teams.
- Executing tasks effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- 1+ year(s) of customer service experience in gaming, igaming, mobile technology, social media, or advertising industries preferred.
- Demonstrating a genuine passion for the Mobile Gaming industry.
- Familiarity with helpdesk ticketing systems; preferred experience with Zendesk but not mandatory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working cooperatively and collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional demeanor.
- Detail-oriented, exhibiting a keen interest in games and a competitive spirit.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Location: Las Vegas HQ - On-site for 4 days (Tuesday-Friday), 1 day WFH (Saturday).
Join Skillz and Let's Redefine the Boundaries of Gaming!
Together, we'll create a world where skill, passion, and innovation thrive. Join our team and be part of the journey. We look forward to having you on board!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .