Player Lifecycle Manager
Sacramento California United States
15 days ago
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the highly successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
Capital Games is seeking an experienced Player Lifecycle Manager to join our team.
As a Player Lifecycle Manager, you will be responsible for defining and driving the lifecycle management strategies for our mobile titles. You must be passionate about representing the voice and needs of our players, working closely with your team to drive best-practice strategies related to the development and fine-tuning of player lifecycles.
Player Lifecycle Managers are expected to interface directly with other PMs, as well as Analysts, Developers, and external stakeholders to further the success of our games. This is a data/metrics focused role, driving the effort behind AEM targets for new and/or existing titles developed by Capital Games.
- Define, design and manage key player lifecycle campaigns with the overall strategic vision of the product
- Conduct and communicate in-depth analysis of in-game economy trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top line KPIs
- Focus on optimizing monetization and engagement through player lifecycle campaigns
- Work closely with the game team and various stakeholders to gather requirements and define the lifecycle roadmap
- Get the team to rally behind your ideas and influence change among various partners and collaborators
- Design, balance and optimize economy models for virtual economies
- Track performance on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Communicate KPIs to internal and external stakeholders and adjust designs/plans accordingly
- Define requirements for Data Analytics, A/B testing, push notifications and other partner tools
- Become an expert on established and new models for monetizing games
- Monitor competitive trends and best practices, third party tools/partnerships, and internal business intelligence
- Leverage first and third-party tools to define, track, and best serve player segments
- Learn, have fun and build games that millions of people love to play
Required Skills/Personal Requirements
- Strong analytic skills and experience with data-driven product design and decision making
- Success building web or mobile consumer-facing products in the past
- Experience with tools and strategies used to optimize KPIs focused on the player lifecycle
- Experience with economy and systems design
- Experience creating and balancing virtual economies, with an eye to technical and user experience best practices
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to diverse groups
- Passion for creating great freemium games, with the ability to identify flaws in design, art, and “feel”
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day
- Open to feedback and thinks outside of the box
- Love for games
- BS/BA degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline; MS/MBA preferred
- 4+ years of experience in product management, system design, and/or experience in a top-ranked management consulting firm
“Tell me about Sacramento.”
Sacramento hosts an approachable metropolitan lifestyle, where home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer’s markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.