PlayStation Studios - Senior Finance Analyst (Internal Production)
7 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a finance business partner to Sony PlayStation Studios with a focus on planning, reporting and business case analysis. We are looking for a candidate with gaming industry experience or who has a passion for gaming and eagerness to learn. The role will also provide finance support to any projects for the studio including external contracting, developer relationships and project approvals.
What you’ll be doing:
Given the dynamic nature of the role responsibilities describe below not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate budget, forecast, and mid-range planning process for internal studios.
- Create monthly financial reporting and conduct analysis across all internally-produced title line-up.
- Lead monthly financial review meetings with studio leadership and provide variance analysis to central finance team.
- Ensuring month end close and period end reporting activities are executed in line with the internal requirements.
- Collaborate closely with corporate finance and accounting groups for accounting policy, developer royalties and regional differences.
- Report on performance critical metrics including headcount, out-of-budget expenses, and product P&L
- Understand drivers of product P&L and present to studio staff for clarification and calculation of profit share.
- Lead product and department finance process from title creation, greenlight, development, launch, and ongoing support.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for title performance and operational efficiency.
- Collaborate closely between studio & service group financial analysts and central finance team to coordinate initiatives and deepen relationships.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven tenure/experience working in a financial environment with involvement in management reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
- Strong understanding and experience with financial planning concepts including variance analysis, capacity/utilization, and general accounting. International experience or experience with a multi-national company a plus
- Ability to manage regional budgets and global consolidation. Familiarity with SAP, Cognos, TM1 or Adaptive planning preferred.
- Ability to develop partnerships inside and outside the department through effective communication, positive demeanour, and professionalism.
- Must possess a high degree of attention to detail and organisation.
- Passion and energy for working in gaming industry.
- Strong ability to translate analysis into insights and findings and storytelling-style presentations.
- Excellent data analysis and financial modelling skills, including proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality a must.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.