Platforms Engineer III- Remote
12 days ago
Job Posting TitlePlatforms Engineer III- Remote
SummaryOur Digital Game Services team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer with experience to design and build out our next generation gaming platform, services, and SDK. You will design and implement new features and services of a cloud-based platform to be used in hundreds of games enjoyed by millions of players every day. The Software Engineer is part of a small team focused on creating efficient, elegant, and portable components that will serve games running on mobile and desktop platforms. You will be working closely with game studios, application developers, and architects to ensure the new features and services meet their requirements. As a Software Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to develop forward-looking capabilities on our platform, and it is made all that more exciting by the fact that it will be immediately used in popular games that must ultimately scale to 100,000 transactions per second.
What you'll do
- Develop and present software designs and plans with stakeholders and senior developers
- Review designs and code from internal and external software engineer for clarity, correctness and efficiency
- Review and select appropriate technologies for new feature areas as they arise
- Coordinate with teams in Austin, London, and Las Vegas among others.
- Present status to team leads and stakeholders
- Participate in agile planning, roadmaps, and bug reviews
- All other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in designing, shipping and maintaining server-based systems in Linux or Windows environments
- Solid experience working on complex systems or SDKs, ideally with multiple customers
- Knowledgeable in a least one of the following per area:
- Server frameworks: Node.js, ASP.NET, or Rails
- Automation and deployment tools
- Continuous integration
- Must have experience with:
- Bug tracking
- Distributed source code control
- Bachelors or Masters in CS or engineering
- Nice to have experience in:
- Cloud-based hosting environments: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Soft Layer
- Experience developing with C++
- Experience developing with Unity
- Client-side tools and frameworks (jQuery, Angular, React)
- Caching and scalability infrastructure components
- Social gaming
- Mobile development
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.