This job might no longer be available.
Platform Engineer (Mid) - DevOps
19 days ago
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer to work on maintaining and scaling up our cloud infrastructure. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the backend development team to develop, build, deploy and maintain the services that are used by our games. The team is focused on site reliability, security, and scalability, as we operate and scale up our backend solutions.
Your primary role is to help facilitate software development by building a scalable and reliable infrastructure for the games. You will be involved in all aspects, from understanding the needs for our services and operating our solutions, advocating for cloud infrastructure best practices, planning for continuous improvements, and working to build a seamless continuous deployment pipeline.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement reliable and scalable platform infrastructure in a cloud-native environment
- Work closely with the development teams to implement best practices on SRE and infrastructure management
- Develop CI/CD pipelines to improve on existing build, release and deployment processes
- Build monitoring tools for incident detection and management in production and pre-production environments
- Significant experience in platform engineering / DevOps / system administration supporting development teams
- Experience maintaining production environments
- Experience with services lifecycle and observability
- Experience with Cloud providers (e.g. GCP, Azure or AWS)
- Experience with container orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Good understanding of Terraform or another Infrastructure as Code technology
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps)
- Experience with networking and security concepts
Bonus points for:
- Experience implementing SRE principles
- Experience with capacity planning and performance testing
- Hands-on development experience with Golang
- Strong knowledge of continuous deployment principles and tools
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $60-120K. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.