23 days ago
That's No Moon is an independent studio of storytellers and game-makers who believe in the power of narrative-driven experiences. With a diverse team of talented developers, from some of the top game studios in the world (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Bungie), our shared vision is to create the future of AAA experiences with a culture of creativity, collaboration, and responsible production practices. Our passionate team of developers help shape our studio, our projects, and our future.
We are seeking a Photogrammetry Artist to help create the content that creates our worlds. Working alongside the Scan Team and in collaboration with Art Direction, Tech Art, and Environment leads, you will acquire and process scan data to be used by the environment modelers and material artists. You will be a part of a small team that drives our environment look development and sets the quality bar for the rest of the team. With your help we will push the industry to new heights of realism, gameplay and storytelling!
- Process, modify, refine and mix scan data with traditional/procedural 3D art workflows to craft beautiful, photorealistic environment assets and materials.
- Travel to scan locations to capture terrain, materials, and props.
- Work closely with and guide external vendors for additional capture and processing of content.
- Embed and collaborate with our environment world building pods, helping them utilize scan data to efficiently build realistic, motivated environments.
- Maintain our scan library, from organizing source images to final content in editor.
Requirements & Skills:
- Solid understanding of photogrammetry workflows, including equipment, capture, delighting, processing, and cleanup
- P roficient in Zbrush , Houdini, and Reality Capture (or similar software)
- K nowledge of physical cameras and how aperture, shutter speed, and focal length work together
- Understanding of texture art creation and unwrapping assets for tiling, 0-1, and trim textures
- Understanding of modular world building and how to modify scan data to cater to these workflows ( organic and architectural )
- (Bonus) Experience with other capture techniques – Photometric Stereo, Lidar, Drones, etc.
- (Bonus) Experience with Layered Material workflows
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Great teammate invested in the success and development of the team able to drive a team focused on one biome/map.
- Able to communicate optimally, give constructive feedback and direction, as well as adapt to creative and art direction.
TNM considers a number of factors when determining each role's base pay range, including industry benchmarks, location, experience, and other job specific skills. In addition to base pay, this role may be eligible for other incentive compensation including equity and profit share. The estimated base pay range for this role is U.S. only and not applicable for locations outside of the U.S.
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $85,000 - $114,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
TNM offers competitive and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, supplemental life and disability, and more. Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary based on country of residence and/or part-time or temporary employment status.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.