Personalization Senior Software Engineer
18 days ago
Job Title:Personalization Senior Software Engineer
Job Title: Personalization Senior Software Engineer
Reporting To: Sr Manager, Personalization Engineering
Department: Consumer Technology
Location: Santa Monica, CA
As a Personalization Senior Software Engineer at Activision, you will work within the Consumer Technology group to build innovative and impactful AI driven applications and tools that help to build loyalty and drive engagement across Activision game titles. Candidates should have development and implementation experience of large-scale personalization systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build real-time decision engines and personalization systems leveraging A/B testing, rules, and machine learning that drive communications and content in and around Activision games.
- Develop ML-driven highly personalized experiences within mobile and web applications.
- Work with high volumes of data in both relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Develop large-scale AI driven player engagement platforms that support our live game services across channels including in-game, mobile, and web.
- Work in a collaborative environment with some pretty cool people, and HUGE amounts of data.
Year 1 Success:
- Deliver scalable, high-volume, high-availability player engagement platform.
- Increase velocity and operability by building and delivering of M/L platform in partnership with analytics and data teams.
- Experience in a software engineering/development environment.
- Proven experience in prototyping, evaluating, development and delivery of AI, Data Science, Deep Machine Learning, or Neural Networks
- Experience with high-volume consumer facing software systems, including developing highly scalable distributed systems .
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in languages like Java, Python, Golang, Scala or similar.
- Solid CS background including concurrent programming, system architecture principles, and data structures.
- Experience developing high-volume data processing applications.
- Experience working in agile environment.
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies. Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive.
- Experience with cloud providers services such as AWS and/or GCP.
- Experience working in test driven development.
- Experience with CI/CD workflows.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.