People Partner, Defence (Fixed-Term Contract)
12 days ago
We’re currently in the process of significantly growing the Defence division in London in 2021. Our team is dedicated to and investing in our defence and national security business. This is where our modellers and engineers work to combine our distributed compute technology, massive-scale simulations, advanced probabilistic modelling and AI to help selected governments meet the threats they face. This article neatly details what we do: https://www.improbable.io/blog/working-at-improbable-what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-about-defence
As a People Partner for Defence, your mission will be to provide HR partnership and support to the employees and leadership of the organisation as they go through the people challenges that come with such rapid growth.
Areas for Impact
- Partner with the business to build and execute on a People Plan that supports the ambitious growth of our Defence organisation, influencing and coordinating colleagues from across People Operations to deliver on this plan.
- Build relationships with managers and employees across Defence, acting as a trusted advisor and coach to this group.
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives that ensure Improbable is a great place to work. This will include working with the wider People team on onboarding, compensation, rewards, recognition, probation, D&I initiatives, performance and wellbeing.
- Generate, analyse and communicate insightful data to help us drive better decisions across the business for all things people.
- Participate in employee relations and conflict resolution where necessary. Take the time to understand opinions/concerns and apply logic, reason and intent to address them.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience in a people partner role, partnering with and advising line managers and employees
- Experience analysing data to inform and drive people interventions
- Experience resolving sensitive ER cases
- Experience executing on the delivery of people projects
- Empathetic, emotionally intelligent, motivated and passionate
- Highly resilient, relentless and cheerful in the face of adversity
N.b. Whilst we think the competencies above could be important, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from all backgrounds and experiences. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the requirements, then please still apply!
We are currently operating from home but envisage a hybrid home/office model. Our office is based at Spitalfields market.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.