The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Entertainment is looking for a Payroll Tax Specialist to join our team!
- Responsible for payroll tax related activities to include periodic, monthly, quarterly, and annual tax payments and filings
- Maintain compliance with payroll tax reporting-withholding and unemployment
- Research and interpret federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Calculate all appropriate tax adjustments, deductions, and credits to team members
- Maintain current tax rate and frequency to ensure accurate filing and payments by Tax Services Team
- Register with state reporting agencies as we add new states for payroll processing and communicate with Accounting and Tax Services Team
- Ensures that payroll taxation processes are aligned and following all financial controls and that timely reporting and accounting entries are available and create accurate reflection of payroll taxation expense in company financial reporting
- Partners with both HR/Accounting teams to refine processes, ensure excellence and quality in the payroll taxation processing
- Run reports related to payroll and tax functions
- Participate in the preparation and maintenance of various financial and statistical records, reports and statements related to payroll funding and general ledger
- Research, analyze and resolve payroll related problems or questions by collecting and analyzing information
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of tax specific experience, inclusive with payroll processing
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced knowledge of tax implications related to payroll
- Experience in multi-site payroll processing required
- Experience with electronic payroll processing systems, Workday experience highly desired
- Ability to supervise multiple entities to ensure systematic, consistent, and accurate payroll taxation processing
- Desire to be a strategic partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Great internal communication and collaboration as this role serve as a connection between HR and Accounting to deliver best pay experience for our employees.
- Excellent process management skills - developing and maintaining process files for all components of the payroll taxation process
Bonus Points For:
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment where you can be a self-directed, independent worker
- Ability to create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging by empowering all our employees to speak up, ask questions, and be seen.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.