Paralegal - Product Safety (12-month contract)
The Pokémon Company International
Bellevue US-WA US
16 days ago
Summary Of The Role
The responsibilities of the Paralegal, Product Safety is to provide administrative and clerical support for the product safety testing programs for Pokémon products worldwide. You will closely work with various internal stakeholders including the legal team and the production team and coordinate with outside counsels and business partners for regulatory compliance. This role serves as the product safety communication and coordination liaison between internal teams and external labs, and works closely with the Production department to ensure consistency with and adherence to all applicable safety laws worldwide. This position ensures that internal documentation, standards, and processes are robust, thorough, and well documented.
What You Will Do
* Provides administrative and clerical support for the following tasks:
o Maintaining international and domestic product safety strategies and effective testing program for Pokémon products.
o Documenting global regulatory requirements and provide guidance on implementation.
o Documenting daily tasks including safety analysis, design and labeling control for Pokémon product designs.
o Preparing regulatory certifications and other required documents for Pokémon products.
* Maintain database of Pokémon products with product safety related documents from Legal/Product Safety staff and external business partners including testing labs.
* Assist Legal/Product Safety staff in developing and maintaining professional relationship with internal and external business partners including testing labs.
What You Will Bring
3 years’ related experience in a consumer products manufacturing environment or equivalent experience, or paralegal experience
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a legal and product safety area.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.