This job might no longer be available.
Paid Software Engineer Summer Intern
22 days ago
Contract: Temporary (4 months from July 2024)
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Work Model: Hybrid (1 / 2 days a week in office)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. Our mission is to attract and grow a more diverse employee base through the cultivation of our early talent pipeline to shape EA's teams, culture and products. Within Europe, we create an overall enriching experience, empowering interns and graduates with the sense that "EA is where I want to be".
The Challenge Ahead:
We are hiring 2 interns within Frostbite Bucharest, where you will have the chance to understand how this powerful game engine works, build new functionalities from the ground up and understand complex concepts of game development.
- 1 x intern within Frostbite Procedural to develop Procedural tools and workflows needed to achieve a fantastic player experience and complete immersion.
- 1 x intern within Frostbite AI team to support the diverse AI and gameplay needs of game teams throughout the world, such as Crowd Simulations, Character Behavior Authoring, Pathfinding, and Machine Learning.
- You will help build features, test and integrate them in-game code, working together with other Software Engineers.
- You will participate in an Agile software process including daily Stand-up meetings and Sprint Planning.
- You will work with the dev and QA team members to resolve road-blockers and ensure the completion of tasks.
- You will get to learn and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for gathering requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree programme.
- Education in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar with an interest and ability in software (experience in academic or home projects).
- Programming knowledge in C++. (C# is considered a bonus).
- Familiarity with OOP and data structures.
- Exposure to scripting languages such as Python.
- Algorithmic knowledge using common computing algorithms.
- Basic exposure to multithreaded programming and debugging.
Submit your up-to-date CV and a cover letter in English (please state if you have a preference for the Frostbite Procedural or Frostbite AI team)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.