[PUBG Universe] Writer/Editor
11 days ago
The PUBG Universe team is currently seeking a talented and passionate writer to develop original content with the aim of expanding our beloved IP. The ideal candidate will have proven experience as an writer or screenwriter, outstanding people skills, experience in a writers' room setting, and a passion to tell stories in various mediums.
- Collaboration with Universe team to craft exciting and engaging narratives.
- Writing and collaborating on outlines, story treatments, lore bibles, characters bios, scripts, short stories, and other narrative content as needed.
- Sourcing and managing literary talent, editing content for PUBG-Universe.com and/or additional platforms.
- Writing copy for web and social channels.
- Managing and tracking documentation.
- Build, manage, and negotiate with a stable of freelance artists.
- Assisting as needed with universe marketing or other written communications.
- Collaborate with internal development teams at Krafton to oversee lore consistency.
- Able to craft and effectively communicate original ideas, concepts, and story beats.
- Thorough knowledge of the story-development process
- Working knowledge of successful intellectual properties in today's popular culture
- Comfortable working in a writers’ room. Able to self-critique and accept outside critique. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with creative problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of working in a challenging and ever-changing creative team environment.
- Candidate must be extremely passionate about gaming and cinematic storytelling. Deep knowledge of storytelling across all mediums (film/tv/games/comics/prose…etc.)
- Excellent grammar and editorial skills.
- Candidate must have a portfolio showcasing work in MULTIPLE mediums. Prose sample mandatory. Please also submit a portfolio containing 1-2 pieces in at least one other medium (script, comic, podcast, haiku, twitter-rant, SoundCloud rap…etc.).
- College degree in screenwriting, creative writing, filmmaking, narrative design or similar discipline; or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience establishing creative vision, collaboration, and strategy for AAA IPs
- Proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
- Knowledge of IP and story
- Knowledge 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Multi-platform content development experience
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.