This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
Title: PR Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Capcom is looking for an experienced PR pro with a passion for video games to join our team. We’re a dedicated, hard-working group that loves what we do and loves the brands we get to work on.
This role will lead PR and earned content creator initiatives to help maximize awareness for Capcom’s world-class brands. The PR Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating and directing all communications for titles as assigned.
Candidate must be proactive, detail-oriented and an adaptable team player. This role is an integral part of the larger marketing team, and the individual will be working closely with other PR, social media, brand managers, development and other internal teams.
- Develop, coordinate and manage strategic, creative public relations campaigns and related activities that sustain a specific image for our core games and cultivates media and content creator support for products.
- Strategize, develop and execute effective communications for Capcom’s games that cover announcement and post-launch phases for titles as well as ongoing brand visibility.
- Spearhead earned content creator/influencer relations programs and creative initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with brand managers and social/community team to coordinate and align on paid content creator/influencer activities.
- Coordinate with pan-western PR, social and marketing teams to ensure alignment with overall brand goals.
- Plan PR roadmaps including schedules and calendars in organized, timely manner. Ensure visibility and status of all activities and results to internal stakeholders.
- Manage press relations including such activities as preparation of news releases and feature articles, and the making of arrangements for interviews between company executives and press representatives.
- Writing with strategic and effective messaging in mind, preparing and distributing documents and statements which are to be made public.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of products at shows, displays and exhibits. Demo games as needed.
- Maintain and expand relationships with a broad range of media, content creators and influencers, including managing contact database.
- Communicate and respond quickly and efficiently to all media and content creator inquiries.
- Keep abreast of and report on feedback from media and content creators. Collaborate with internal departments to ensure both positive and critical feedback is assessed appropriately and made visible if relevant.
- Monitor competitor and broader industry happenings to ensure activities are timely, relevant and adaptable as needed. Recommend and adopt best practices on an ongoing basis.
- Track and evaluate media and content creator coverage, providing regular reports and recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with social, marketing, sales, licensing and other teams to provide support for relevant promotions, partner products, etc.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on game builds as needed, keeping in mind potential pros and cons that may come up from media/content creators and flagging as needed to internal groups.
- Take and distribute notes for key meetings as needed.
- Oversight of all community related messaging and conversations for assigned titles.
- Assess, recommend and manage tools and resources to improve team’s day to day operations.
- Assist other members of the PR team with related tasks across other brands, as needed.
- Indirectly manage and mentor staff, as needed, through training and feedback.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with video games and the interactive entertainment industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adaptable personality.
- Creative thinker with a good sense for what will resonate with media and content creators; ability and demonstrated background in planning and executing PR initiatives with proven results.
- Proactive, well-organized planner that can work independently to set schedules and manage multiple deadlines at any time.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely detail oriented and proficient with AP style.
- Team player with a can-do attitude that thrives on collaboration and contribution.
- Adaptable and solution-oriented in high-stress situations.
- Ability to mentor and train junior staff.
- Critical thinker who can evaluate trends and formulate actionable goals.
- Analytical thinker who can evaluate and provide insightful feedback and reports.
- A passion for gaming and solid understanding of relevant pop culture happenings.
- Generally strong knowledge of games industry; trends, history, areas for growth.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4-6 years of public relations experience in the interactive entertainment industry, preferably with a similar role in games including some agency background and experience at a AAA publisher.
- Excellent relationships with content creators/influencers, as well as gaming and mainstream media.
- Experience managing overarching brands as well as individual products preferred.
- Strong familiarity with at least some Capcom brands preferred.
- Versed in content creators, their platforms and audience (YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, etc.). Previous experience on initiatives and ability to identify new potential content partners preferred.
- Writing samples must be provided to demonstrate style and abilities.
Licenses, Certificates and Other
A valid California Driver’s License
Passport holder able to travel internationally
( Performance of the essential duties of this position includes the following physical demands and/or working conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. )
- Some travel required, primarily domestic with possible international trips.
- Standing for long periods of time may be required
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Additional work hours may be involved – willing to work overtime into the evening and on weekends, if needed
Working Environments ( The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Work is generally performed in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and changed from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in shift schedules, work demands, seasons, service levels and management’s decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.