PR & Communications Manager
8 days ago
Sumo Group is one of the largest suppliers of end-to-end creative development services to the video games and entertainment industries. Comprising of veteran video game studios, an agile publishing team and an award-winning creative services studio, Sumo Group teams are delivering on ground-breaking projects across the globe.
Sumo Group currently employs over 1000 talented team members across 13 studios in the UK, Poland, North America and India.
In the UK, Sumo Group received the top level of accreditation from Best Companies in 2021, receiving a 3* World Class Award and listed as one of the Best Large Companies to Work for within the UK.
With a reputation for developing deep relationships with some of the world’s largest video game publishers, developers, platform manufacturers and entertainment brands, Sumo Group is dedicated to growing a sustainable business that provides security for its people, whilst delivering a first-class experience to partners and players.
There are opportunities to join the central Sumo Group team across multiple disciplines including HR, Finance, Marketing, IT and Recruitment, with industry-leading benefits and a flexible working environment.
The Role @ Sumo Group
Reporting to the Head of Content and Communications, you will be responsible for writing compelling content for news and communications published via our various channels. You will work with key stakeholders to deliver strong copywriting, with a passion for storytelling that helps drive awareness around the business. You will manage the media relations and push the communications strategy out. You will have an eye for detail and a strong ability to understand the core audiences for content and how to correctly capture the angle of a story.
You will also be responsible for helping to implement our internal communications. Working closely with our marketing team, you will generate content to support our wider marketing efforts.
The successful candidate will be a digitally minded, creative copywriter who can think on their feet and produce effective content and copy from scratch. You will have a background in PR or content writing within the video gaming industry or B2B Tech either in-house, agency side or a mixture of both. You will be a team player, with a creative flair. You will bring an enthusiastic and energetic attitude to teams around you.
In this role you will:
- First rate writing skills and that you understand how to ensure consistency of brand and messaging across different media and audiences.
- Drafting press releases, features, interviews and commentary.
- Working with the Head of Content and Communications and the Marketing team to identify content creation opportunities across video, thought leadership articles, podcasts etc.
- Working with the digital agency and marketing team to write website content and messaging.
- Acting as point of contact and advisor within the business on PR opportunities and initiatives.
- Supporting the business on Group PR initiatives (e.g. full and half year results).
- Write and edit thought leadership and articles on behalf of our leadership teams.
- Ensuring that the Group’s businesses, colleagues and leadership teams have sight of media coverage and visibility of results achieved through regular reporting.
- Implement an internal communications strategy and plan that measurably enhances employee’s understanding and engagement with the Group’s strategy, goals and narrative.
- Support the development of employee engagement digital initiatives that promote the health and wellbeing of our staff, embraces diversity and inclusion whilst utilising new platforms for communicating.
To be succesful you will have:
- 2-4 years’ experience in PR and or communications.
- Exceptionally strong writing and communication skills, advanced PowerPoint skills, strong attention to detail.
- Relevant experience in a similar role delivering a programme of internal communications across a range of channels including town halls, internal emails, video and other digital internal platforms.
- The ability to build relationships with a range of key internal stakeholders in a global, matrixed organisation.
- Experience liaising with journalists.
- Experience in writing content / thought leadership, articles.
- Experience writing digital communications eg. internal newsletters, weekly round-ups, web content, social media content etc.
- Experience project managing internal campaigns and communications.
- Support internal, employer branding and marketing initiatives by generating creative campaigns that boost company-wide engagement.
- Source and produce (write) content that gets our people excited about what’s happening at Sumo Group.
- Own ‘the way’ we communicate by role modelling best practice.
- Experience in video games would be preferred but is not essential.
- A high level of motivation and proactivity, with the ability to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement and have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment.
- Collaborator who brings other stakeholders on board with ideas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to own and make decisions with incomplete information.
- Understanding of communications needs whilst scaling globally.
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus
· Share Incentive Plan
· Competitive Pension
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
· 5 Learning Days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo Game Jam
· Big Family Events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance 4x Salary
· Income Protection of 75%
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, and know that it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Group:
Sumo Group is proudly founded on the pillars of Family, Security, Trust and Collaboration, and upon joining, our team members become part of a growing family of operating businesses around the world who strive to achieve wonder together.
Within the Sumo Group umbrella sits a myriad of outstanding studios and brands, including: Sumo Digital (and all subsidiary studios including The Chinese Room, Lab42 Games, PixelAnt and Red Kite Games), Secret Mode, Atomhawk and Pipeworks (including Timbre Games).
Built on creativity and imagination, our staff are some of the most talented minds in the industry. We respect our colleagues, support innovation, show determination in achieving goals, take accountability for our actions, celebrate excellence and – above all – we have fun whilst doing so.
Recent releases and projects from Sumo Group businesses include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Apple Design Award winner Little Orpheus, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Rival Peak, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.