PAC-MAN Brand Marketing Manager
2 days ago
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America is searching for a Brand Marketing Manager candidate to lead the strategic brand and product marketing activities throughout the PAC-MAN brand and associated brand portfolio. This role’s responsibilities include being the brand steward in managing and executing of all phases of marketing, including but not limited to strategic development, positioning, creative development, promotion, and management of comms through social media, PR and B2B channels for the PAC-MAN brand.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
The PAC-MAN Brand Marketing Manager will liaise with internal product development, publishing and global IP marketing & licensing teams to work effectively, cross-functionally and cross-departmentally, to maximize profitability of bottom-line efforts, build brand awareness engage fans and consumers, and drive conversions through brand storytelling, data-driven insights and creative innovation. This role will coordinate with regional teams to ensure a unified and single global brand strategy in the implementation and execution of integrated brand marketing plans, ensuring transparency of process and progress amongst appropriate stakeholders and management. This role also works with licensees to support their marketing efforts. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Licensing & PAC-MAN Business Unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the marketing and execution of integrated marketing plans to successfully launch and manage the lifecycle of PAC-MAN gaming titles including but not limited to strategic positioning, competitive analysis, and promotion of products across console & digital platforms.
- Deliver on innovative and performance driven PAC-MAN Marketing campaigns that extend reach, increase awareness, and result in meaningful brand deposits
- Create and manage marketing budgets for the PAC-MAN brand and provide oversight for individual P&Ls for assigned projects. Track and report marketing expenses against defined budget. Negotiate pricing of creative and other services with vendors and agencies and ensure budget conformity.
- Manage and direct internal resources, external agencies/vendors, and cross-functional teams to successfully navigate all phases of marketing and creative including, but not limited to planning & project timelines, advertising, public relations, social media, consumer & trade events, and brand & product promotions to effectively manage and report on project KPIs.
- Research opportunities for products and develop related product plans
- Work effectively with the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Publishing and Production cross-functional teams to insure seamless integration and execution of the PAC-MAN marketing activities with the rest of BANDAI NAMCO’s portfolio.
- Strategize on the growth of PAC-MAN’s licensing business and develop the program for marketing support for licensees & partners while acting as the day-to-day lead with licensees in reviewing marketing materials, providing insightful guidance/feedback and managing approvals on their go-to-market plans, creative assets and marketing activations.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in character-driven brand marketing, video game marketing or entertainment product marketing, with the ability to innovate in marketing campaigns and the ability to apply a broader perspective to responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge or interest in character branding, entertainment, video gaming, and/or interactive entertainment industry
- Proven track record of successful brand marketing management in a leadership role and directly managing marketing activations and budgets
- Background and knowledge of marketing fundamentals including positioning, strategic planning, market analysis, advertising and communications
- Ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative insights with partners & licensees to identify market opportunities to shape consumer personas/target audiences, positioning, go-to-market plans, creative development, and campaign activation support
- Experience in successfully directing and working with social media channels and editorial personnel in conjunction with executing PR and community plans
- Understanding of sales and channel marketing within the video game and consumer products industry, as well as experience marketing and launching both physical and digital products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical and presentation skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task complex projects
- Strong team player who works with internal and external partners effectively
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop and the ability to develop or creatively tell a story in a compelling fashion
- Some travel required
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in Marketing, Sales, Finance and/or Business or equivalent work experience in the video game and/or entertainment industry
- MBA a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.