Art Outsourcing Manager
1 month ago
Job Title:Art Outsourcing Manager
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
As the Outsource Manager, you are the champion of external content development, overseeing a key development component in producing exciting experiences for millions of gamers across the globe.
You will establish and maintain relationships with reliable 3rd party vendors to facilitate and achieve production goals with the best outsource content possible.
- Effectively orchestrate and drive art outsourcing efforts with our 3rd party vendors to ensure solid and sustainable production results.
- Identify outsourcing needs, establish workflows, technical and artistic specifications, and establish an effective feedback process between production, artists, and 3rd party vendors.
- Guide a multidisciplinary team of associate producers, production coordinators, and content integrators with a focus on development, mentorship, and long-term career growth.
- Collaborate with project production to ensure budgets are planned and managed accurately.
- Share your deep passion and knowledge of outsourcing capabilities with others to ensure the outsourcing experience is enjoyable for all parties involved.
- Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- 7+ years in the games industry, including 3+ years of experience managing art pipelines.
- Shipped at least one AAA console/PC title as an outsourcing manager or similar production role.
- Comprehensive understanding of game development process, including asset creation and integration best practices.
- Experience predicting, identifying, and resolving outsource pipeline risks.
- An inspiring ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and egoless personality.
- History of building teams that thrive on supporting other teams.
- Proficiency with developing schedules, setting milestones, and deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Proven aptitude for focusing on priorities, managing change, and coordinating efforts to overcome any resistance, setbacks, and obstacles that may arise.
- Rock-solid written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience navigating 3rd party vendor evaluation and authorization processes.
- Passion for games and game art.
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Maya, Photoshop, Substance, ZBrush, and/or other industry. standard software used for developing art assets.
- Exceptional knowledge of task-tracking software and tools (e.g., Jira, Shotgun, etc.).
- Significant understanding of the Call of Duty franchise and Warzone.
- Prior experience working on a games-as-a-service product.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds. Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.