Operations Manager - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
2 days ago
Job Title:Operations Manager - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
You are motivated to solve problems, streamline processes and shatter glass ceilings. You can communicate with diplomacy and tact to get everyone on the bus. You are a triple threat - results-oriented, action-oriented and people oriented.
We are an operations support team that enables the best development studio to make the best game for the fans. You are all about optimizing effectiveness:
- Organisational Effectiveness
- Increasing efficiency of support services (Office Administration, Purchasing, IT)
- Driving license and asset inventory tracking
- Project managing key projects
- Financial Effectiveness
- Working on setting annual budget targets and monthly forecasting
- Driving cost savings, decisions and future growth
- Video Game subsidies process.
- Facilities Maintenance
- Work on facility needs in the studio from day to day maintenance to studio build outs
- Ergonomic set up including scheduling ergo assessments, ordering equipment in conjunction with IT, etc.
- Studio event planning (Launch parties, holiday parties, D&I events, etc.)
- Solving puzzles, thinking on your feet
- Rolling up your sleeves to get it done at any moment
- Paying attention to the details and doing it right
- Providing unparalleled customer support
- Communicating and directing staff
- Getting projects done
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Experience or interest in the Interactive Entertainment industry and video game development.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.