This job might no longer be available.
Online Team Lead Programmer - XDefiant
21 days ago
As an Online Team Lead Programmer, you guide a group of talented programmers at Ubisoft Winnipeg as they develop technology critical to the creation of games. Your programming background means you understand the work each member of your team does, and can bring their contributions together to produce great results (and jump in to code when needed). More than anything you bring people together, acting as your team’s daily go-to and leading them to deliver AAA experiences for our partners and players.
What you’ll do
- Lead a small online programming team creating and maintaining online game services such as Matchmaking, Leaderboards, etc.
- Network optimizations: minimize bandwidth usage, decrease latency, etc.
- Implement replication strategies and leverage existing replication systems
- Strike a balance between supporting and mentoring team members, coding, and management tasks
- Work with the Technical Leads to determine tech needs for the team
- Work with production staff, designers and artists to create tasks and schedule estimates for your team
- Help establish clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews
- Continually review the development process and identify areas that need improvement
- Participate in projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
What you bring
You’re self-motivated and proactive, using your technical and people skills to help the programmers you lead excel. Collaboration is one of your strengths, whether it’s within your own team or partnering with other teams. Besides the above, we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience as a programmer, preferably in the software, tech, or game industry
- Knowledge of C++
- Experience with Agile
The following would be a bonus:
- Interest in game technology development
- Experience in the video game industry or a commercial game engine
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Sydney. While we’re doing that, get to know a bit more about our studio and our team.
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
We are a part of Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, and are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. The team’s dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by collaborating with local non-profit partners, and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business. Read more about our commitment to social impact here.
Please read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Winnipeg to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
Ubisoft Winnipeg encourages applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, neurodivergent people, women, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, and people who live at the intersections of those identities and experiences. Ubisoft Winnipeg is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.