Online Software Engineer
1 month ago
About our organization: EA is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite video games IP. We are assembling a team with the purpose of constructing a novel and immersive experience. This is your opportunity to join this new team to shape the future of interactive entertainment.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of experienced employees and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
About the role: Online Software Engineer will help build networked gameplay experiences for EA SPORTS™. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- Use EA's Digital Platform technologies to implement server features and components.
- Create client code to support features and improve multiplayer experiences.
- Improve client and server online systems to improve latency, reliability, scalability, performance, and memory.
- Design and improve on architecture and infrastructure improvements for live systems and workflows.
- Work with partner teams to stand up and maintain online infrastructure and services for the title.
- Experience in software development with a C++ focus.
- Experience with networked applications or features (client/server and peer-to-peer).
- Experience developing in and debugging multi-threaded/concurrent architectures.
- Familiarity with database technologies (e.g. MySQL, SQL, Redis).
- Knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.