Online Software Engineer - FIFA
12 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we seek the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
- Hands on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain/build/own a tech module
- You will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
- You will design, architect and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes systems
- You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
- You will work with people on a large team both locally and remotely
- You will work independently and communicate status
- You will identify, communicate and solve issues
- Use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Strong experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multithreaded architectures
- Experience with modern Database technologies
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Knowledge of good software programming practices
- Experience with 3rd party APIs