Online Programmer (Backend)
4 days ago
When you’re an Online Programmer at Ubisoft Saguenay, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance, and developing custom services deployed to the cloud. You’re part of a team preparing the game for launch and then supporting it once it’s live.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to connect? Do the servers scale to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networked and online features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
What you'll do
- Develop fast, reliable and most importantly, fun online features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams;
- Understand existing functions, suggest and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best online experience to our players;
- Collaborate daily with a variety of production and support teams;
- Resolve online and network bugs;
- Document your work.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- 3+ years of experience in developing and optimizing C++, C#, Java and Python code;
- Experience with online frameworks, services and network optimization;
- Experience developing online features that interact with Xbox Live or Playstation Network is an asset;
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped an online game is an asset;
- Experience with services like AWS, Docker or Azure is an asset;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.